The contest has closed.
Voting has now begun for our Adventure LEGO Contest and continues through Monday, January 18. View the entries via our Facebook and Instagram accounts and then vote for your favorites in each category (grades 1-2, grades 3-4, and grades 5-6). The winners will be announced on January 19.
Contest entries are no longer being accepted
Use your imagination to design and build a LEGO project that shows adventure in this contest for kids in grades 1-6. Entries will be shared on our Facebook and Instagram accounts beginning January 12 and voting will take place through an online form from January 12-18. The winners in the three categories (grades 1-2, grades 3-4, and grades 5-6) will be announced on January 19 and each will win a prize.
- Entrants must have a CAPL card
- One entry per child
- You must use Legos, Duplos or a combination but no other kind of toy. You may use Lego figures that are general, such as pirates or astronauts, but you may not use characters like Spiderman, Mario, Yoda, etc.
- You must build this with no help from siblings, parents, or caregivers
- You must build within a 1 ½ hour time frame, so keep track of your time
- You’re on your honor to follow the rules!
- Take a photo of the child’s build and email it to caryarealibrary[at]gmail.com and include the following information in the email:
- parent/caregiver’s name
- child’s name
- child’s grade
- CAPL card number
- title of the build
- 1-3 sentence description of why your project shows adventure
- Submit entries from December 21-January 11